Monday, January 3, 2011

Freezer Wars

My roommate and I are struggling with our freezer. She usually takes up most of the refrigerator (still is using half even though she’s been gone for a month...). I typically use more of the freezer. Although that’s debatable since she uses both door drawers and at least ¼ of the freezer and I am a more efficient freezer-packer than she. She texted me to ask me to clear out the freezer so she could bring food home from her vacation. I understand why she wants to – she wants to bring Vietnamese food home that she can’t get around here and free parent food. However, why do I have to sacrifice my half of the freezer? I batch cook so I have some meal sized containers in the freezer. I also have frozen vegetables that I bought on sale. I could bring some things over to my brother’s freezer (if he has space and will allow it), but I’m being stubborn. I need to decide if this is actually a battle I want to have or not. I'm not very good at living with others and sharing space. I'm a Cancer and am very territorial about my home space. I know this is a good experience for me because living with others is a valuable skill, but I still don't want to move out my stuff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment