Thursday, December 16, 2010

Discover Card

I activated my Discover card that I've had for awhile in hopes of doing a balance transfer from my Chase 29.99% card. I found out that my Discover card is at 19.99%. Better, but I'm still not using a credit card until I pay the remaining $1200 balance on my Chase card (except for certain emergencies which apparently included Christmas plane tickets for $200 this month). I've been on both a weight loss and debt loss journey for the past several months. My life this year has been in transition - from student, to unemployed traveler, to professional. I had hoped that I would have my finances in control after four months of employment, but debt is like weight gain - it is so easy to gain, and so difficult to lose. I joined a weight loss support group site called Peertrainer.com and I've already lost 12 pounds in less than a month. I was stressing about money today, so I decided to take action by:
- selling things on Ebay
- Making this blog to express my emotions and frustrations about my financial situation

No comments:

Post a Comment